Wednesday, October 30, 2013

So much to look forward to ...

Its been an interesting time since my return from Europe and the epic adventure in Iceland - I have been working hard at keeping my priorities in check, as far as work goes, a contract as marketing consultant for the San Francisco Marathon has kept me busy, I get to be around runners and running related stuff all day but I find that it’s so easy to get absorbed by work, to the point where I don’t dedicate enough time to the things that make me happy, like running and working out.

The days are getting shorter and it feels like there is not enough time in the day to do all the things I want to do … When I do get out, I have been able to keep up with my workouts in the park in the morning, well, although last weekend I went camping up at the Russian River and that threw me off my game. The park workouts are now run by a new company that Raul formed. It is called San Francisco Strength and Conditioning, or SFNSC but it’s the same group of people and the workouts are as hard, if not harder than before. Its good, I like to be challenged, especially at this time of the year when all I really want to do is hibernate like a bear.

Despite wishing I was a little better at my training, I have had some great runs – I was out at Javelina Jundred crewing and pacing for a friend that was running the 100 mile race – I’m so impressed with the tenacity it takes to run 100 miles – Sam (my runner friend) was amazing, his strength saw him through to finish with les than 10 minutes to spare before the cut off. What a great experience, the desert is so quiet at night until the dawn when you can hear the coyotes howl. I plan to go back in 2014 to run 100 km there.

I also completed the New York Marathon at the beginning of November. It was beautiful in New York. The fall colors on the East Coast are nothing like we get in San Francisco, our seasons are less obvious here. I also had the chance to reconnect with people that I met in Iceland has been fun. 2013 was a crazy year , certainly the most tumultuous and diverse that I’ve experienced in a long time. I’ve grown so much and know that there are many adventures ahead in 2014!

 “How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” ― Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment